Thursday, February 18, 2016

Egg




I have two cards made today for the challenge at CASology.

 On the first, I made a small oval cut on the card front. On another panel I used a wide brush to apply several spring colors from my shimmer water color set (Yasutomo). I adhered it to the inside of the card. The sentiment is Verve, inked with Distress ink (seedless preserves), and embellished with some Pretty Pink Posh sequins. The card base and panel are watercolor paper.

 
This is soft and pretty. But I had another idea simmering....Susan R. posted a card here and I wanted to try her technique with the egg shape.  I used a solid egg stamp, inked it with a blue marker, spritzed and stamped.  Masking and stamping also with some yellow ink.  Color choice was because I really wanted to use the sentiment - embossed with Hero Arts white....I cut the side panels with a Simon Says stitched die, and popped them with foam tape.  The yellow marker just didn't react as nicely with the spritz.  This doesn't feel right...but I will need to think about what to change. Perhaps fewer eggs?
 


 
 

3 comments:

  1. Your first card is truly lovely, Dena. You had a great idea and executed it beautifully. So very pretty. I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, such sweet EGG cards, Dena! I love the soft pastels on the first card, and I love how the eggs match the sentiment so perfectly in the second card! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dena, these are both fabulous! I love the texture on the eggs on the second card and the watercolored pastel stripes on the first card are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete