Sunday, January 5, 2014

Color Me Washi



Burst of card energy these past few days, and I will have some things to share this week.  The first used some washi tape from My Mind's Eye that I bought last summer...I haven't had the courage to try anything. But thanks to my stamping buddy Stephanie who jumped in and made darling cards, and  to Susan at Simplicity and her inspirational washi posts- I opened the package. So glad I did!
I love how easy it is to add that pattern and color.
The sentiment is an old favorite from PTI.  The textured paper was packaging material and it has been one of my favorite things to use to add kraft and texture. Jewelry hemp and a button from the stash finished it off.
This fits this week's challenge on a new blog -Color Me!     CMCC #1  I used CTMH Pacifica on the punched star - it was a perfect match to the washi blue.
 

4 comments:

  1. Dena this is just gorgeous!!! Love all the white with the decorative elements you added, that star is tooo cute!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Colour Me...!, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the star and all the elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card... love the washi tape!! thanks so much for playing along with Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card, Dena! I love the packaging as an added element - great idea! So glad you opened that package of Washi Tape, this card is fab. :) Thanks for joining in the fun of our first challenge over at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete