Saturday, August 11, 2012

OLW 100 Transportation



I had fun playing with One Layer Wednesday, the challenge is here on Cheryl's blog this week. The theme is transportation, and I had two thoughts...My CTMH set A Journey had not been inked yet, so I used it to create the trees. First stamped in the new Slate ink, and then again second generation.  I added another layer of trees with second generation Ponderosa Pine ink.  After adding the text, it looked plain, so I made another card and added the little car from a  set called The Neighborhood (retired). It made me happy - just last week we drove into the WA rain forest with the car stuffed full of camping gear.
My second card - because I adore the quote, and I wanted to try a technique I've seen often on one- layer cards.  I cut out a rectangle about the size of my stamp text and sponged inside the frame.  Then I stamped with Outdoor Denim ink.  I like it...not sure if the area needed to be a bit larger or smaller...but if I keep doing samples, I'll never post!!  Hopefully, someone will feel free to give me some advice about this.  The sentiment is part of a Wordsworth set.

Both card bases were cut from luscious, thick PTI card stock.

6 comments:

  1. Love both, but, I have to admit, especially the Life is a Journey (actually, they're two ways of saying the same thing, aren't they?) Love the graphic trees in the slightly different colours to give depth and the car (who's driving?!! lol!) fitting right over the sentiment - LOVE this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute, but really love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of these, especially the scene you've created on the first card. On the second card, I would probably have made the inked area a little larger so that the sentiment "fit" just inside the color. It still looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards....the car is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dena, Wonderful one-layer cards. Love both sentiments, and great sponged background on your second card. Thanks for joining us for the 100th OLW Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. nehézgép szállítás Europa-Road Kft

    ReplyDelete