Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dakota Versatility

Almost did not buy this new Close To My Heart paper thinking the colors were too dark...then I saw the jeans pocket stamp next to it in the new Idea Book.  Years ago CTMH had a pocket set and I regretted not buying it for years!   I have made several versions of my hankie-in-the-pocket card now and just love the stamp and the paper.  These cards show how versatile the paper pack is, and that you can get some very different looks with shape, color, and embellishments.  We made all three at my workshop yesterday.

Card, flowers, and sentiment cut with CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge
The round card was cut from
Sky card stock, the mat for the Dakota paper was cut from Pacifica card stock. The ribbon is from CTMH Blue collection. Barn Red ink used for the sentiment.



















For this card I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder, matted the Dakota paper with some Whisper card stock. The sentiment was stamped with Indian Corn Blue. The paper color is a very pretty blue...my camera has not done it justice.











And the most recent version of my pocket card.
I wanted to have them use the sanding/distressing and rock n' roll techniques.



1 comment: