Friday, August 10, 2012

Cake a la Artiste


I have begun exploring the amazing new Close To My Heart Artiste Cricut cartridge.  Like the Art & Philosophy cartridge, it is packed with wonderful shapes that coordinate with many CTMH stamps, but it also has dozens of 3-D projects.  This yummy piece of cake is made with Florentine papers and coordinating card stock.  The cartridge comes with all the cutting and assembly directions, too! 
This was really easy to put together, and it will be a drawing prize for one of my workshop gals next weekend, and a project class offering later this fall.  I can imagine a whole cake in chocolate as a special gift - each piece could hold something - a scarf, socks, gloves, a bracelet....It would also be a fun way to package favors for a child's birthday.

Flowers were cut from Vanilla Cream (retired) and Creme Brulee card stock sponged with Goldrush and Autumn Terracotta ink.  Leaves cut and I used my embossing stylus to draw some veins and then sponged with Olive ink. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I think the pearls added just the right touch. :-)

    ReplyDelete