Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy Day...I got to craft today!



It has been such a long time...I have missed crafting in the uproar that is the start of school. This year has been a bit more troublesome because my district wasn't able to negotiate a contract. As a building union representative, I have been very busy organizing support for the negotiating team. We went back to work without the contract, but this Monday will take a strike vote since there has been no movement on the part of district administration. So sad. I LOVE my new classes and students, but a strike may be what we must do to be sure we maintain quality education for them.

Meanwhile, I have designed this set for my stamping workshop tomorrow. I used my brand new toy (Cricut!!!) for the bag. Close To My Heart has a fabulous cartridge for Cricut now, and it comes with coordinating stamps. Many of the new stamp sets in the current catalog match the cutting images on this cartridge as well. I have never used a Cricut before, and was surprised at how simple and quick it was. The bag and patterned paper for the cards all cut from one sheet of 12" X 12". The half circle on the thanks card is from the handle of the bag. It's a cute little gift bag, and I will put some miniature chocolate bars inside, too.

Products used: CTMH Elemental paper, Kraft, Pacifica, Sorbet, and Colonial White card stock; Blue Ribbon stamp set; Sorbet and Pacifica inks; crimper; brads + ribbons.

No comments:

Post a Comment