Thursday, March 10, 2011

Less is More - Pastels



I have been wanting to try this technique for the longest time! Last year I purchased some Fiskar plates with designs for $.50 each. I thought perhaps I could run them through my Cuttlebug....it didn't work, so they sat in the box with other folders....until I bought some Nestabilities and a brown embossing pad from Spellbinders. The package had directions and a web site. Wow! It was full of cool ideas and tutorials. So here I have inked up a plate and then embossed on CTMH White Daisy cardstock. I trimmed it to 5" x 5" - the finished card is 6 X 6"
I am thrilled with how quickly and easily this went together, but it looks elegant. I couldn't bring myself to trim it more so there would be room for a sentiment, so that will go inside.

I keep missing the chance to link a card to what has become a favorite blog - so hopefully, this will qualify as pastel colors.

products used: CTMH Pear and Lagoon inks and cardstocks, CTMH green sparkles, Fiskars embossing plate.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Dena
    Welcome to Less is More
    You have created such a pretty effect. I guess if you have cut the embossing in half you'd have had enough for two cards! lol
    Thanks for entering, hope to see you again
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dena,
    What a good idea. My plates are lanquishing in a basket ready for the charity shop... but now?!!
    TFS
    The effect you've achieved is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dena,
    You have created a beautiful effect for this card, the colours are so gentle and the embossing is beautiful!
    Thanks fro joining us and hopefully we'll see you next week!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty effect. love the different colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The embossing is gorgeous!! Love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete